Bradford City Football Club and the Bantams Disabled Organisation have been working closely together to ensure that the Coral Windows Stadium at Valley Parade is accessible as possible.
Whilst the Coral Windows Stadium is relatively new and more accessible than many Stadia, it is also accepted that no ground is perfect and that improvements can be made.
A number of improvements are already underway as part of the off season work within the stadium. These include:
- New alarms installed into all of the Disabled toilets.
- A dedicated disabled area in the North West Corner. There is good wheelchair access here and a constant ‘line of sight’ of the match can be ensured in this area. The club area also positioning a specially trained steward in this area to liaise with any Disability needs.
Note:Existing Season Ticket Holders are able to transfer to this area. Disabled supporters with mobility issues or those eligible for complimentary carer tickets are advised to contact the club reception regarding ticketing arrangements.
- Plans are in place to improve visibility in other parts of the ground though the viability of these is yet to be confirmed.
- The work of the clubs Disability Liaison Officer will be shared with members of Bantams DO on matchdays from next season. This will ensure that there will always be someone who understands the needs of Disabled supporters available if required.
- Accessibility and visibility of the pitch for Visiting Supporters within the ground is already adequate. Issues with regards getting into the TL Dallas Stand for Visiting Supporters are beyond the control of the club but will be raised with the relevant authorities.
- Liaison with visiting Disabled Supporters Organisations will be developed. Visiting clubs will be sent a guide to the ground and local area that is being written by Bantams DO.
- Ticketing arrangements for disabled supporters are being looked at. In particular the online ticket purchasing system. Please contact the club via reception in the meantime.
Bantams Do is researching accessible venues and services in the area. The intention is to create a guide for Disabled fans that will help to enhance the full matchday experience including on the way to and from the ground. Suggested venues and services that are accessible to wheelchair users are welcomed. Please send any suggestions to email@example.com or through the football club. During the season ideas relating to accessibility can be sent to the club and Bantams DO via the supporters board suggestion boxes which are located on the concorse in each stand.
For further information about Bantams DO visit https://www.facebook.com/bantamsdisabledorganisation or join via this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rpaZEtFH-BUoBUUdLsO1iTJDWLHKkmlNeQQE98mPuwo/viewform
Details of Bradford City Football Clubs commitment to Disabled Fans can be found in the clubs Disability Charter which can be found here.